This training leads participants to use Primavera P6 Professional (Primavera’s Windows-based) through the entire project life cycle, from planning to execution. Topics include adding activities, assigning res sources, and creating a baseline. Participants also gain a thorough background in the concepts of planning and scheduling. It is appropriate for those using P6 Professional either as a stand-alone application or as part of P6 EPPM.
Primavera Systems is a brand name under which a range of software packages that collectively form a comprehensive enterprise project portfolio management (EPPM) solution are marketed. Primavera was launched in 1983 by Primavera Systems Inc. and was acquired by Oracle Corporation in 2008.
Primavera P6 EPPM (Enterprise Portfolio Project Management)
Oracle launched two products callled Primavera P6 i.e. P6 EPPM (Enterprise Portfolio Project Management) and P6 Professional. The focus of Primavera EPPM software is to allow organizations to effectively manage their programs and projects – regardless of complexity.
The software provides end-to-end, real-time visibility of all corporate information to inform portfolio management decisions, determine the correct resources, and ensure that individual project teams have the appropriate skills to complete any given project.
Primavera P6 Professional
Primavera P6 Professional is a Windows client project scheduling application that is installed on a user’s workstation. Much like any other Windows application, it is run from an executable file that resides on the workstation machine.
P6 Professional can be used as a standalone application accessing a locally installed database such as Oracle XE or Microsoft SQL Server Express. It can also access a central database and be used as a multi-user system when data needs to be shared with others.
P6 Professional is typically used in such industries as, Engineering, Construction, Aerospace, Defense, Utilities, Oil and Gas. P6 Professional is the preferred tool for power users such as schedulers and project managers in industries where detailed, fast, accurate scheduling and critical path method are vital elements for project planning, execution and success.
All workshops and instruction stress the three basic elements of project management: schedule, re- sources, and costs. At the end of each day, students apply the con- cepts and functionality they learned in a case study. The course is divided into three sections: Creating a Project; Scheduling the Project; Project Execution and Control.
During the 3-day training our trainer will guide participants how to use Primavera P6 Professional using Hands on Approach and in user friendly environment.
Melalui pelatihan Primavera P6 Professional Fundamental ini diharapkan:
- Understand data structures
- Create a project
- Create a Work Breakdown Struc- ture
- Add activities
- View calendars
- Create relationships
- Schedule the project
- Assign constraints
- Format schedule data
- Define roles and resources
- Assign roles
- Assign resources
- Analyze resources
- Optimize the project plan
- Execute the project
- Create reports
Setelah mengikuti Pelatihan Primavera P6 Professional Fundamental ini, peserta diharapkan memiliki pengetahuan untuk:
- All participants will get softcopy of PM TOOLKIT consisting of Learning Material, References, Process and Templates, Samples of Case Study for Projects/IT Projects.
- Experienced and Internationally Certificied Trainer will guide participants in Case Study Session using Hands-on Approach.
- Getting the skills of using Primavera P6 Professional Fundamental under guidance of experienced and skillfull trainer.
Pelatihan Primavera P6 Professional Fundamental ini ditujukan untuk para:
- Functional Implementer
- Business Analysts
- End Users
- Project Manager
- Project Team
But it could be attended by those with engineering graduates background or other disciplines having basic knowledge on implementation of construction project in small/middle, or large scale.
Note: All participant should bring their notebooks/laptops.
Materi training yang akan di bahas topik Primavera P6 Professional Fundamental adalah :
Understanding P6 Data :
- Describing Enterprise and Project-Specific data
- Logging In
- Opening an Existing Project
- Opening and Customizing Layouts
Enterprise Project Structure :
- Describing Components of EPS
Creating a Project :
- Create a project
- Navigating in the Projects Window
- Viewing Project Details
Creating a Work Breakdown Structure :
- Defining a Work Breakdown Struc- ture
- Creating the WBS Hierarchy
Adding Activities :
- Describing an Activity and its Compo- nents
- Describing Activity Types
- Adding Activities
- Adding a Notebook Topic
- Adding Steps to an Activity
- Assigning Activity Codes
Creating Relationships :
- Viewing a Network Logic Diagram
- Relationship Types
- Creating Relationships
Exercises & Practices
- Performing a Forward and Back- ward Pass
- Describing Float
Assigning Constraints :
- Applying an Overall Deadline to a Project
- Apply a Constraint to an Activity
Using Reflection Projects :
- Creating a Reflection Project
- Merging Changes
Formatting Schedule Data :
- Grouping Activities
Roles and Resources :
- Describing Roles and Resources
- Viewing Dictionaries
Assigning Roles :
- Assigning Roles to an Activity
- Assign Rates on Roles
Exercises & Practices Discussion
Assigning Resources :
- Assigning Resources
- Adjusting Budgeted Units/Time
Analyzing Resources :
- Displaying the Resource Usage Pro- file
Optimizing the Project Plan :
- Analyzing Schedule Dates
- Shortening a Project Schedule
- Analyzing Resource Availability
Baselining the Project Plan :
- Creating a Baseline Plan
- Display Baseline Bars on the Gantt Chart
Project Execution and Control :
- Describing Methods for Updating the Schedule
- Using Progress Spotlight
- Statusing Activities
- Rescheduling the Project
Reporting Performance :
- Describing Reporting Methods
- Running a Schedule Report
- Creating a report with the Report Wizard
Exercises & Practices
RECOMMENDATION TO PARTICIPANTS :
All participants are recommended to bring notebook/laptop for software installation and practice session
Team Trainer Value Consul